11 September 2015

Eve by Wm. Paul Young

★★★★★
The Shack shattered our limited perceptions about God. Eve will destroy harmful misconceptions about ourselves.

From the author of the 25-million copy bestseller The Shack comes a captivating new novel destined to be one of the most important and talked-about books of the decade.

When a shipping container washes ashore on an island between our world and the next, John the Collector finds a young woman inside – broken, frozen, and barely alive. With the aid of Healers and Scholars, John oversees her recovery and soon discovers her genetic code connects her to every known human race. She is a girl of prophecy and no one can guess what her survival will mean…

No one but Eve, Mother of the Living, who calls her daughter and invites her to witness the truth about her story – indeed, the truth about us all.

Eve is a bold, unprecedented exploration of the Creation narrative, true to the original texts and centuries of scholarship, yet with breathtaking discoveries that challenge traditional misconceptions about who we are and how we're made. As The Shack awakened readers to a personal, non-religious understanding of God, Eve will free us from faulty interpretations that have corrupted human relationships since the Garden of Eden.

Eve opens a refreshing conversation about the equality of men and women within the context of our beginnings, helping us see each other as our Creator does – complete, unique, and not constrained to cultural rules or limitations.

Thoroughly researched and exquisitely written, Eve is a masterpiece that will inspire readers for generations to come.


As one of the few people who has yet to read Wm. Paul Young’s The Shack, I can’t make any comparisons - good or bad - between it and his newest novel, Eve. But I can say that, on its own, I enjoyed Eve. Though the novel seemed to start slowly for me, since it took me a few chapters to acclimate to Young’s storytelling and interpretation, I couldn’t put it down once I had an understanding of the set-up. Young’s creative depiction of the creation story, as well as its implication for humanity, intrigued me and left me thinking and evaluating my understanding of the biblical story. Overall, Eve is a worthwhile and thought-provoking read, and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it.

Thanks to Howard Books and NetGalley, I received a copy of Eve and the opportunity to provide an honest review. I was not required to write a positive review, and all the opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment