13 February 2016

Siren's Song by Mary Weber

★★★★★
“The realization hits: We’re not going to win. It’s why I couldn’t defeat Draewulf in Bron—because this power was never mine anyway. I drop my arms and let the energy die off. And turn around to face Eogan.”

After a fierce battle with Draewulf, Nym barely escaped with her life. Now, fleeing the scorched landscape of Tulla, her storm-summoning abilities are returning; only… the dark power is still inside her.

Broken and bloodied, Nym needs time to recover, but when the full scope of the shapeshifter’s horrific plot is revealed, the strong-willed Elemental must race across the Hidden Lands and warn the other kingdoms before Draewulf’s final attack.

From the crystalline palaces of Cashlin to the legendary Valley of Origin, Nym scrambles to gather an army. But even if she can, will she be able to uncover the secret to defeating Draewulf that has eluded her people for generations? With a legion of monsters approaching, and the Hidden Lands standing on the brink of destruction, the stage is set for a battle that will decide the fate of the world.

This time, will the Siren’s Song have the power to save it?

I’m pretty sure I cannot say enough good things about Mary Weber’s Storm Siren trilogy, especially with its newest addition Siren’s Song. As I picked up this third novel and began reading, Weber successfully captivated me once again with a fantastical page-turner, and I absolutely loved it. Siren’s Song does the series (and Nym) justice, as it picks up soon after the conclusion of Siren’s Fury and tells an engrossing tale filled with twists and turns of adventure, action, magic, romance, and more. I enjoyed every bit of it, and I’m sure any fan of Weber’s series will reach the end of this novel satisfied. I have no problem whatsoever recommending it to readers of fantasy (but be sure to start with Storm Siren and Siren’s Fury before reading Siren’s Song - the entire series is definitely worth reading).

Thanks to BookLook Bloggers, I received a copy of Siren’s Song and the opportunity to honestly review it. I was not required to write a positive review, and all the opinions I have expressed are my own. (I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”)

No comments:

Post a Comment