03 May 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Characters I'd Love to Revisit

Hosted weekly by The Broke and the Bookish.

As much as I love the satisfaction of finishing a book, a few questions always linger, like:

Now what?
What does this character do with the rest of her life? 
Does this couple really live "happily every after"? Or break up?

Rarely do I get answers to satisfy my curiosity, which is fine (I suppose), but if it were possible, here are a few characters I would love to revisit after several years:


-Artemis Fowl of Eoin Colfer's Artemis Fowl series: He is one of my favorite characters, and I'm pretty sure I could never get tired of reading about him. I absolutely want to know who he becomes when he grows up.

-Eleanor & Park of Rainbow Rowell's Eleanor & Park: Their story is so cute, and the ending is so open to possibilities. What happens to these two after high school? Who do they grow up to be? I want to know.

-Gretchen & Daniel of Anne Blankman's Prisoner of Night and Fog and Conspiracy of Blood and Smoke: Really, I just want to know (and I wondered throughout my reading of both books) what happens to them during the war. What do they choose to do? Do they survive?

-Lara Jean of Jenny Han's To All the Boys I've Loved Before and P.S. I Still Love You: Lara Jean is just a sweet, likeable character and I would love to know the story as she goes to college and beyond.

-Maggie & Barack of Lynne Gentry's Carthage Chronicles series: These two characters are still young at the end of the series, and after all the drama they experienced, I'd be really interested to see what happens to them in the following years.

-Basically any couple from one of Sarah Dessen's novels: Again, just the basic questions. What happens to these characters after high school? College? Jobs? Break-ups?


Honorable Mention
-Ron Weasley of J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series: While Ron Weasley is another one of my favorite characters and I would love to find out more about his life post-Deathly Hallows, Rowling's comments since finishing the series make me think I should just be content with the details supplied in the Epilogue.


So... what characters would you want to revisit?

1 comment:

  1. I had Artemis Fowl on my list this week too.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/05/03/top-ten-tuesday-55/

    ReplyDelete