28 February 2017

Top Ten Tuesday | Books I've Bought & Borrowed Recently

Hosted weekly by The Broke and the Bookish.

Happy Tuesday!

I don't often talk about the not-for-review books I geteither from a library or a store, which happens more than really it shouldso I figured I'd take advantage of this freebie TTT week to ramble a bit about the ones that have me especially excited.



Death by the Book, Murder at the Mikado & Dressed for Death by Julianna Deering: I decided to check out the three Drew Farthering mysteries I haven't yet read to prepare for the release of Murder on the Moora definite case of wishful thinking...


The Distant Hours, The Forgotten Garden, The House at Riverton, The Lake House The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton: I've heard so many good things about Kate Morton's various novels, so I went a bit crazy checking out the audiobooks...


From the Start, Here to Stay & Made to Last by Melissa Tagg: I've only read a couple of Melissa Tagg's books (From the Start included), but I love her stylethe wit and charm of her contemporary romances. So, when I discovered the huge sale for these books, I couldn't resist adding them to my overflowing shelves.


Dreamology by Lucy Keating: I stumbled across this novel, and intrigued by the reality-versus-dream element, I had to request it from the library.

I'll Be Yours by Jennie B. Jones: I've heard good things about this bookand the story sounds so cuteand it's been waiting in my Amazon cart for a while now, so I finally just bought it.

Ketchup Clouds by Annabel Pitcher: The cover on this one simply caught my eye while perusing the dollar store, so I figured I could spare a dollar for it. I don't know too much about it, but the title has me intrigued.


A Lesson in Love & Murder by Rachel McMillan: Since I loved The Bachelor's Guide to Murder, I obviously needed to finally buy this second Herringford & Watts Mystery.

Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton: I keep hearing rave reviews of this YA fantasy novel, so of course, I snagged a copy of the recently released paperback edition.


Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin: And another book with great things being said... The alternative history aspect definitely drew my interest, so now that I own a copy, I'm hoping to read it soon (but that's true of every other book I've mention, and a whole lot more, so we'll see about that).

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo: By now, it should be clear that I'm a sucker for a hyped book... And I keep seeing this one (and its sequel) all over Instagram, so when I realized my library had it on CD, I figured it might be time for my first Leigh Bardugo book.


Throne of Glass & Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas: Hyped series, againbut the first on the list I've actually started reading (yay!). Throne of Glass has made my daily commute much livelier, and I've heard Crown of Midnight is even better... Definitely excited to finally be tackling this series.


Now, let me knowwhat have you bought or borrowed recently?

2 comments:

  1. SO many of these are on my eventual TBR too, Hallie! I caved to the pressure (same as you!) with 'Crows' as well thanks to all the beautiful IG photos. Now I have to read it. ;) Jenny's, Melissa's and Julianna's are among my favorites in their respective genres. Oh, and I remember seeing Ketchup Clouds around and wondered about it. Let me know what you think if/when you do read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love historical mysteries, so that Drew Farthering series looks right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete