05 January 2018

The Friday 56 & First Line Friday | The Lacemaker

The Friday 56 is hosted weekly by Freda's Voice.
First Line Friday is hosted weekly by Hoarding Books.

Happy Friday (and New Year)!

Laura Frantz's The Lacemaker has been one of my most anticipated releases for months, and I'm so happy to finally be reading it. It's so good so far, and I'm looking forward to spending some quality time with it this weekend.


First Line: Elisabeth took a breath, breaking an intense hour of concentration.

From Page 56: Through the open windows, the sultry stillness of the night seemed to echo with every sound. A barking dog. A crying baby. The clip-clop of a cart. Muted voices. Ribald laughter.
Breaking glass.




ABOUT THE BOOK
When colonial Williamsburg explodes like a powder keg on the eve of the American Revolution, Lady Elisabeth "Liberty" Lawson is abandoned by her fiance and suspected of being a spy for the hated British. No one comes to her aid save the Patriot Noble Rynallt, a man with formidable enemies of his own. Liberty is left with a terrible choice. Will the Virginia belle turned lacemaker side with the radical revolutionaries, or stay true to her English roots? And at what cost?

Historical romance favorite Laura Frantz is back with a suspenseful story of love, betrayal, and new beginnings. With her meticulous eye for detail and her knack for creating living, breathing characters, Frantz continues to enchant historical fiction readers who long to feel they are a part of the story.

Now, feel free to leave a line from a book near you in the comments below.
And be sure to stop by Hoarding Books and Freda's Voice for a peek into other books.

10 comments:

  1. Fantastic book! I'm also featuring The Lacemaker this week! Have a super fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On my must, must read list! Happy Friday!

    My first line(s) is from the Prologue in Susan May Warren’s new book Troubled Waters, which I finished last night:

    “Oh, this was a bad idea. Epically, abysmally, horrendously bad.”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Friday!

    My First Line Friday comes from a book I’m reading now, Any Day Now by Robyn Carr.

    So, this is what a new life looks like. Sierra Jones opened her eyes on a sunny Colorado morning to that thought.

    Have a great weekend and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this one does sound good! Great excerpts and cover. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “NOW THAT YOU MENTION IT”

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this book so much. It was a great read!!!
    Today, I'm hosting Oath of Honor on my site. I just started it, so I'm only at chapter 3. So, here I will share the first couple of lines from that chapter.

    "'Kevin!' But with the doors shut and the windows up, he wouldn't hear her whispered shout. She should have lied and said the place was covered in cameras."

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's two this week for The Lacemaker (so far, I haven't made it around to everyone yet). It's on my to-read list!

    I’m featuring Valerie Fraser Luesse’s “Missing Isaac” over at my blog, but the first line of the book that is currently sitting in front of is:

    “It was no surprise to me that I’d lost track of time.” (from A Song of Home by Susie Finkbeiner)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book is sitting at the top of my pile of books...can't wait to start reading it! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely descriptive 56!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH I LOVE LOVE LOVE The Lacemaker!!! I just finished reading it last night #bookhangover

    Death had a way of creeping up on a soul, and Ivy Thorpe was determined that when it visited her, she would not be surprised.
    The House on Foster Hill by Jaime Jo Wright

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds good! Happy reading!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete