16 February 2018

The Friday 56 & First Line Friday | Reclaiming Shilo Snow

The Friday 56 is hosted weekly by Freda's Voice.
First Line Friday is hosted weekly by Hoarding Books.

Happy Friday!

With the recently fallen snow here, this snow-titled, upcoming release seems like an appropriate book to read, and I'm so glad to finally be learning what happens after the end of the first book. So, here's a peek at a few lines from Reclaiming Shilo Snow (and if you haven't read The Evaporation of Sofi Snow yet, take a peek here)enjoy!


First Line: Four years to the day after the alien planet arrived above Earth, Sofi's papa had collapsed on the rickety front porch of their buttermilk-yellow farmhouse.

From Page 54: Calmly, Miguel. You can't save her if your head's fogged.

 Quotes taken from an Advance Reader's Copy.




ABOUT THE BOOK
Trapped on the ice-planet of Delon, gamer girl Sofi and Ambassador Miguel have discovered that nothing is what it seems, including their friends. On a quest to rescue her brother, Shilo, a boy everyone believes is dead, they must now escape and warn Earth of Delon’s designs on humanity. Except the more they unearth of the planet and Sofi’s past, the more they feel themselves unraveling, as each new revelation has Sofi questioning the very existence of reality.

Meanwhile, back on Earth, Sofi’s mom, Inola, is battling a different kind of unraveling: a political one that could cost lives, positions, and a barely-rebuilt society, should they discover the deal made with the Delonese.

But there’s a secret deeper than all that. One locked away inside Sofi and ticking away with the beginnings, endings, and answers to everything. Including how to save humanity.

Now, feel free to leave a line from a book near you in the comments below.
And be sure to stop by Hoarding Books* and Freda's Voice for a peek into other books.


*This week, Hoarding Books is hosting a romance-themed FLF in honor of Valentine's Day.

14 comments:

  1. Happy Friday! The book I'm featuring on my blog is Rumors and Promises by Kathleen Rouser. Since I'm on chapter 14, I'll share the first line from that chapter here. "I insist that you stay here and rest today, Sophie." Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good one. This book is new to me. The week I am featuring Little Girl Gone by Gerry Schmitt from my TBR mountain. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's quite a beginning! It definitely sucks me in and makes me want to keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard really great things about this book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds like one I would enjoy. Also, I like the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Friday!

    Today on my blog I am sharing the first line from the new novella by Bell Renshaw, As Easy As Riding A Bike. It's a really fun read.

    I am currently reading The Captain's Daughter by Jennifer Delamere. I am LOVING this story so much. I am just beginning chapter 7, so I will leave that first line here:

    "Rosalyn drew the blanket around her to ward off the chilly night air as the carriage moved briskly down the near-empty streets."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! That's amazing that you are still seeing snow. Thankfully, it has started to "warm" up here a bit. Happy Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Friday!

    Today my First Line Friday comes from a book I will be reading next week. A Mother's Gift by Charlotte Hubbard.

    As Lenore Otto sat on the bed with Leah, wistfully watching the dusk of late November fill her daughter’s room, her heart was torn.

    Have an awesome weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm halfway through The Evaporation of Sofi Snow at the moment and already looking forward to this book :D
    I’m sharing from the Seven Brides for Seven Texas Rangers Romance Collection (read through NetGalley) today. Here’s the first line from Partners in Crime by Vickie McDonough: “Run, Laurel. Run!”

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantasy doesn't interested me but as a child I love the Flash Gordon cartoon in the daily newspaper. On my blog today I am featuring Elaine Orr's Jolie Gentil series located in the Jersey Beach. I am reading TILL DEATH DO US PARTY. "Landing in Las Vegas was somewhat akin to touching down in Oz."

    ReplyDelete
  11. Prologue

    Vincentio Rossi lifted his glass of ten-year-old Lombardi Brunello di Montalcino, closed his eyes, and sniffed the complex bouquet of the ruby red wine. - Lethal Legacy by Irene Hannon

    Happy Friday and Happy Reading

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds very, very good! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to read this one!

    My current first line is from Missy Tippens’ new novella “Her Valentine Reunion” (in the Back to You collection) – "In a preemptive strike against the Valentine’s Day funk that hit her every year in February, Abbie Rogers had been working on her latest craft project she’d dubbed Operation Kill Cupid.”

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know I’m late but yesterday was busy! Happy Weekend! My first line is from A Langhorne Romance (which is in Right Where We Belong collection) by Deborah Raney.

    “No sooner had Lily O’Neal plunged her hands into the sticky bread dough than the doorbell rang. Why did it always work that way?”

    ReplyDelete